Are you excited for our District Pinewood Derby on Saturday, May 5 at the Great Falls Cruisin’ the Drag festival?
We will have races for all dens (Lions through Webelos). All Den races must follow the District Pinewood Derby Rules/Regulations. THERE WILL BE NO CHARGE FOR REGISTERED CUB SCOUTS TO ENTER THEIR DEN RACE.
We will also have a “Master’s/Outlaw Class” race open to ANY participant. Master’s/Outlaw Class races have no rules other than that the car weight shall not exceed 5.0 ounces. Master’s/Outlaw Class participants shall be charged a $10 entrance fee.
Official District Pinewood Derby Rules/Regulations:
- The car weight shall not exceed 5.0 ounces. The official race scale shall be considered final.
- The overall length of the car shall not exceed 7 inches.
- The overall width of the car shall not exceed 2 3/4 inches.
- The car must have 1 3/4 inches clearance between the wheels.
- The car must have 3/8 inch clearance underneath the body.
- The wood provided in the kit must be used. The block may be shaped any way that is desired.
- The wheels supplied with the kit must be used. The wheels may not be cut, drilled, beveled or rounded. All 4 wheels must be able to touch the track surface. You may remove the seam from the wheels.
- The axles supplied with the kit must be used. They may be polished. Wheel bearings, washers or bushings are prohibited.
- The car must not ride on any springs.
- The car must be freewheeling, with no starting devices.
- No loose material of any kind, such as lead shot, may be used.
Each car must pass inspection by the Official Inspection Committee before it will be allowed to compete. The Inspection Committee has the responsibility to disqualify those cars that do not meet these specifications.
Prizes: Medals and trophies will be awarded based on race results