What’s so important about June 12-14th? Well the L&C District Cub Day Camp @ the Medicine River Scout Center, of course!
This years Cub Day Camp theme is Space Cowboys and is in need of your help to make it the most fun camp to date. Act now to secure your choice of fun ways to participate with your son/grandson/nephew or maybe even little brother. Ways to help:
- Master Of Ceremonies – In charge of the opening and closing ceremonies each day. – OA Member or Other Adult
- Rally Master – Gets the boys excited at opening and closing ceremony each day – OA Member Or Other Adult
- In order for camp to be successful each pack is required to provide one parent/volunteer for every three boys registered for camp. A Tot Lot is provided for siblings not participating as a camper (must be potty trained)
- You the Volunteer can choose to be a:
- Walk Around Den Leader – there are 2 leaders with each den that walk with them from program station to station, help them develop a den name & song/cheer , decorate den flag, keep attendance, ect. (Training provided prior to camp – see below for dates)
- Tot Lot – Leader/Helper
- Program Leaders– Teach Program Areas (Training provide prior to camp see dates below & Materials will be provided by camp staff)
- PE – Obstacle Course
- Hikes – 2 – 3 leaders
- BB Guns – Range Master Plus 2 additional leaders
- Archery – Range Master Plus 2 additional leaders
- Rockets (Water)
- Camp Aids – Scouts age 14+ or 1st Class Scouts – Help where needed, keep water coolers full, empty trash, assist Walk Around Leader/Program Leaders
There will be two training dates for Both Walk Around Leaders and Program Leaders at the Medicine River Scout Center, Youth Protection Training will also be available all 4 days
Walk Around Leaders – Thurs. May 3rd @ 6:30 pm & Sat. May 12 @ 10 am
Program Leaders – Sat. May 5th @ 10 am & Thurs. May 10th 6:30 pm
Camp Cost this includes – T-shirt, 2 snacks each day, all materials for programs, camp patch, must bring own sack lunch each day.
- $50 for Cub Scouts
- $20 for Tiger Scouts – Thurs. Only, with Adult Partner
- $10 for Siblings in Tot Lot
- All applications received by Mon. April 16th receive a $5 discount – applications will be available Feb. 2012
- Volunteers No Fee – Must attend trainings & Youth Protection Training if not already completed.
Questions, comments or to let us know how you’d like to help contact Cathy Karona, 788-1016, email@example.com.